"Classic AW CD 56:22"
December 27, 1968
- Mary expresses her concern to Jim that Liz has gotten wind of the fact that Rachel and Steve had lunch.
- Alice admits to Lenore that she is not happy over her recent breakup with Steve. [Dialogue fine but music garbled]
- Mary/Jim... Pat.
- John warns Liz that her "irresponsible tongue" caused Bill's accident after he admonished Liz for gossiping about Steve and Rachel's luncheon.
December 31, 1968
- Ada... Rachel.
- Missy and Bill are unpacking as an unwelcome Liz arrives to help.
January 6, 1969
- Lahoma, Sam, and Lee awaken on Sam/Lahoma's wedding day contemplating what this
wedding will mean for each of them.
- Ada pleads with Rachel not to hide the fact that she had lunch with Steve.
- Lahoma/Peggy... Lee.
- Sam/Mrs. Gilhooly... Ernie.
- The wedding ceremony begins at Ada's house.
- A hodgepodge of out-of-sequence scenes, most notably, the return of Liz's daughter, Susan,
sounding very emotionally disturbed and full of self-pity.
Christmas Day fade out, circa 1970, with cast singing Silent Night in lieu of closing theme, with
announcer Bill Wolff extending holiday wishes on behalf of AW cast and crew.
Extraneous items: Edge of Night fade outs, TV commercial, snippet of 1970 Top 40 song, and an
opening to "Another World - Bay City."
January 7, 1969
- Lee breaks a favorite coffee cup Sam had given her.
- The wedding ceremony concludes followed by the congratulatory hubbub.
- The wedding reception continues with Ernie making a toast, then there is a fade to the doorbell
ringing in Lee's apartment.
- Note: Clarke Morgan plays the AW theme for the last time, more beautifully than ever.
- Mary walks around her living room, obviously annoyed at the loud music Rachel is playing in
May 9, 1969
- An excessively vocal Liz quarrels with Bill and Missy over Susan just before Liz leaves for
- Another vociferous example of Liz's temper as she quarrels with Susan.
May 14, 1969
- Walter and Lenore frantically try to stop Lee as she flees to her car, where she encounters the
ghost of Lefty Burns and has her fatal accident.
- Lee's death scene. Her face is covered with a sheet.
- John calls Pat at home delivering the news that Lee has died.
- Lee's funeral service.
The remainder of the CD is miscellaneous themes and fade outs from other soaps.
Audio Sample: Liz/Susan spat.