"Classic AW CD 50:38"
- Susan and Fred, experiencing marital difficulties, quarrel and
Fred delivers an ultimatum.
- Susan tries to fend off the amorous advances of her interior decorator,
- A distraught Missy frantically tries to reach Liz the but the phone just
rings with no one there to answer it.
- Jim and Mary leave to pick up Rachel to take her to the airport to
catch a flight to meet Russ at an out-of-town medical convention. They just
miss Melissa's call from San Diego.
- The phone stops ringing just as Liz arrives home with Wayne, Susan,
- Missy finally gets through to Liz with the tragic news about Bill.
- Missy tells Liz what has happened.
- Wayne tries to comfort Liz and summons her family: Jim and Mary arrive
and Liz conveys the tragic details as relayed by Missy, off-camera.
- Dru brings Missy and Ricky to Liz's house upon her return to Bay City,
-- Missy, a widow once again.
- Susan and Fred quarrel then Fred goes upstairs. Susan becomes
enraged when she finds the liquor cabinet has been locked.
- Susan demands an explanation from Fred.
- This scene is an introduction of the Somerset storyline.
- A celebration of some kind with members of the cast of the new show.
- Russ is livid when Rachel shows him the apartment she has rented using
Jamie's trust fund money.
- Ada sternly advises Gerald Davis on how he should deal with Rachel
when she finds him and they reunite after many years. Gerald, though,
warns Ada that there is a reason Ada may not allow her to see him; that
being that he has another daughter.
- Bill Wolff invites viewers to tune in for the new story of
Somerset next Monday as he makes his usual closing announcement.
- An NBC promo for the new story of Somerset.
- Wayne tries to drag someone, probably Walter, into one of his
- Sam and Lahoma's going-away party with various cast members and an
eloquent toast by the incomparable, avuncular, Mitchell Dru.
- Two Fade Outs with unknown scene particulars.
- Russ and Rachel quarrel about the apartment.
March 30, 1970
- The debut episode of Another World in Somerset with Missy
and Lahoma traveling down the highway in Missy's station wagon. Missy
scoffs at Lahoma's fears that she won't fit in.
- Mid-program bumper for Somerset.
- Sam and Jasper Delaney in a clash of wills.
- The closing of Another World in Somerset.
- In a Bay City episode, Mary and Liz have a conversation about Alice
wherein Mary tries to diffuse Liz's intrusive interest.
- In Somerset: Jasper Delaney's death scene: Robert quarrels with his
father, Jasper, causing him to collapse. When Robert leaves him to seek
help, his murderer enters the room.
- The murderer finishes Jasper off, smothering him with a pillow.
- Dr. Kurtz and Robert return to find Jasper dead. Robert blames himself,
stating he killed him.
- A Fade Out to Logo for Another World in Bay City after
Somerset won its independence from its parent show.
July 5, 1971
- The start of Rachel's wedding to Ted, which had to be moved indoors
due to an impending thunderstorm.
- Somerset opening sequence.
- Unknown scene, likely from One Life to Live .
- In Somerset, the verdict is read in Robert's murder trial and also
heard are various reactions to that verdict.
- Fade Out to Logo for Somerset.
- A Fade Out from Edge of Night.
- A snippet of the scene where Pat tells John she has fired Caroline.
- Scene particulars uncertain: Could be when Ted is shot while robbing
- A Somerset intro after it adopted its crime drama format.
- Scene particulars unknown.
- Somerset Fade Out to Logo.
- Woman screaming: A scene involving Marcy and Vicky on OLTL.
- Supremes singing their long forgotten #30 record (July, 1968):
Some Things You Never Get Used To.